POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A long track to go : Re: A long track to go Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A long track to go
From: s day
Date: 25 Aug 2009 18:30:02
Message: <web.4a946587d8f21fa2b51465700@news.povray.org>
> A long day's work. Pure SDL job so far. Still a looooooooooooong way to
> go though.
>
> Comments so far, anyone?
>
> (Anyone can guess the engine type already? Um, well, not bloody likely I
> bet..)
>
> Next thing on the agenda: Get the square-ish firebox fused with the
> round boiler... I wonder how I ever gonna make /that/...

This reminds me of a train I modelled several years ago (the royal scot) it was
pretty much the last image I did, in fact the effort probably finished be off..
;-) Hope it doesn't have the same effect on you..

The image and source is on the irtc site:

http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2006-08-31/oldroyal.jpg

I even had a go at animating the wheels..

Sean

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'animation2.gif' (1293 KB)